Saturday, September 22, 2012

09 20 - Grindin' meat

0920 grind

Today, I fixed an old favorite family recipe called Grindin' Meat.  Most people would probably call it roast beef salad, but not in our family.  It has always been called Grindin' Meat, probably going back to the days when my siblings and I were so little that 'grindin' meat' was probably the only thing that we could say.  Whatever you call it, we love it.  When I got my Kitchen Aid mixer, we even got the meat grinder attachment to make this easier.  To make Grindin' Meat:  start with one very large, very cheap piece of roast beef.  Cook.  Serve one meal as roast beef and potatoes.  Take all of the left over meat, run through a meat grinder.  Add several chopped boiled eggs, pickle relish and Miracle Whip until it looks about right.  Add either celery seed or chopped celery.  Now, make a sandwich and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment