Saturday, January 21, 2012

20 - to Alaska, 2008

012008 to Alaska

Today is the four-year anniversary of Beth moving to Alaska.  This is a picture of us on the day that we started our 6 1/2 day, 3500 mile drive, diagonally across North America, through Canada, to Anchorage, in her all-wheel drive, Grand Jeep Cherokee.  In the case that Beth is holding is Jane Austen, the cat.  Dad/Ray equipped us as best that he could, with heavy coats, gloves, hats and boots.  Oh, my, did we ever need them!  Looking back on that trip, I have to say that it was just something that had to be done, so we did it.  (Ray had just had shoulder surgery and could not go so it was Mom, Beth, and the cat.)  There is a saying that God takes care of fools and children and I must say that there was one of each in the car on that trip.  It was an unbelievable experience that I don't think that I ever want to repeat in the winter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment